POSITION: Associate Immigration Attorney (Level 1)
Full Job Description
Fok Immigration Law is looking for an Associate Attorney to join our team! We are a growing boutique law firm dedicated exclusively to the practice of U.S. immigration law. As an attorney at our firm, you will have a direct and significant positive impact on our clients’ lives – whether it is helping someone secure their dream job in the United States, or reuniting a family to finally be together in the U.S. – you will be instrumental in helping your clients successfully navigate immigration procedures that will change their lives forever.
What will I be doing?
– You will be responsible for the preparation of various business-based immigration cases including:
- L-1A and L-1B Intracompany Transferees (including blanket petitions)
- PERM-based legal permanent resident cases
- H1B Specialty Occupations, cap-subject, transfer, and extension cases
- E-3 Specialty Occupation Workers from Australia
- TN NAFTA Professionals
– Consult and confer with clients regarding all aspects of immigration law by conducting client consultations in person, on Zoom, and over the phone.
– Carefully review client case documents to ensure compliance with immigration law and advise on alternatives for any deficient documentation.
– Supervise legal assistants and paralegals to manage: client communication, client document intake, and accuracy/quality of case work product.
– Inspect and audit case files before submission to the USCIS to maximize your clients’ chance of approval.
– Initiate and maintain all communications with the USCIS and the DOS to ensure your clients are up-to-date on all aspects of their case.
– Research and provide creative solutions based on current immigration law/regulations.
– Draft legal opinion letters, employer memoranda, immigration law updates, and other forms of legal writing for client cases and firm marketing.
What are the requirements to get this position?
First and foremost, you must have a passion for helping others achieve their goals and dreams through U.S. immigration. The most important aspect of this position is to demonstrate compassion and caring for the clients you represent.
– JD or LLM, and you must be a member of the bar (or about to become a member of the bar) of any state in union
– You need to have a sense of humor (Yes, seriously – this is a requirement to work here)
Nice to Have but not Required:
– Any amount of experience working in U.S. immigration law
– Any foreign language skills
Why do I want to work with you?
We are a diverse group of individuals obsessed with providing the best immigration services we can. We have a very friendly and informal team atmosphere – collaboration and selfless support of one another and our clients are embedded in our firm culture. Every member of our team, no matter the position, is treated as an equal partner.
Because we are such a tightknit group, we see each other as family, and your personality fit with our firm culture is near the top of the list when considering a new attorney for our firm. Because of this focus on team cohesion, our firm culture is fun, collegial, and most importantly, you will be working with people who are fully committed to supporting you, and you will have a team of colleagues who will trust you and rely on you as well.
Other reasons to work here:
We are a small but growing law firm. You will have plenty of opportunity to grow professionally with our firm.
We offer a competitive salary based on your immigration law experience.
We also offer a strong benefits package which includes:
– 15 days of PTO
– 18 paid holiday days off
– 3 days of paid sick leave
To learn more about our firm, please visit us at www.jfoklaw.com, and check out our Google and Yelp reviews.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Master’s (Required)
- Bar Membership (Required)
Work Location: One location
POSITION: Full-time Legal Assistant/Paralegal
Immigration law firm located in San Jose seeks a full-time Legal Assistant/Paralegal to assist with our employment and family-based immigration cases.
Many of our clients are feeling significant stress and anxiety going through the United States immigration system. The ideal candidate will expeditiously process these immigration cases while providing comfort and peace of mind to the clients under our care.
The candidate will perform the following duties:
- Provide excellent customer service and alleviate stress/anxiety clients are feeling during the immigration process
- Process and prepare cases for send-off to the USCIS
- Collect and review client documents
- Ensure that all cases are sent to the USCIS complete and without errors
- Respond to clients in a timely manner
- Track and meet all case deadlines for pending cases
- Update Tracker software daily for all cases
- Manage case intake and update case files as needed
- Conduct client interviews and telephone intake
- Prepare and review packages that will be submitted to USCIS
- Assist attorneys with cases as needed
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university
The candidate will be required to produce the following outcomes:
- Under attorney supervision, complete and send out 3 immigration cases per week
- Respond to all client emails and phone calls upon one day of receipt
- Must score 100% on weekly Deadline Audits
- Review and respond to client document submissions within 2 days of receipt
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of immigration law experience do you have?
- Do you speak Spanish?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.